Digital Scribbler is a technology company, whose “built in the garage” origin story typifies Silicon Valley. This garage is more mentality than place. It is a mindset which says, “If we can dream it, we can build it.”
When faced with the challenge of my son’s autism I have turned to technology again and again. Each time it has provided our family with unexpected and stirring breakthroughs. I don’t believe technology is the miracle. But I do believe it is a useful tool, and that in the hands of motivated parents, innovative therapists and creative teachers, amazing things can happen.
We dreamed of creating affordable communication apps, which are capable of giving the verbally challenged a voice. All needed to be mobile, simple, and flexible. Quick Talk AAC and Quick Type AAC have been the results so far, and they have been helping those in silence speak ever since.
Digital Scribbler has 5 simple aims and goals:
- Help individuals overcome their human limits, like learning and intellectual disabilities
- Inspire parents to use technology to help their children overcome human limits
- Inspire teachers to integrate technology into their classrooms to overcome human limits
- Provide ideas, insights, and examples for practical application to accomplish 1-3
- Help the most innovative companies in the world get involved in this effort